Monday, February 13, 2012

Why don't my maple leaves turn red in the fall?

I bought a red maple tree. In spring, it sprouts red little leaves and flowers/seeds. In summer, the leaves are all green. But when autumn comes, it turns yellow instead of red. Why?

Why don't my maple leaves turn red in the fall?
Hey NB,



It is a red maple because of it's spring foliage, not it's fall foliage. It seems that the Sugar Maple trees turn red more often than other types. I hope this is true, I just planted 2 Legacy Sugar Maple trees and the write-up says orange and red.



Try fertilizing with Iron, this may give it the proper photosynthesis to turn red. Also study the uptake of nutrients and the affect on photosynthesis. You might be able to make it go red with the proper nutrients. But the web site below agrees with my initial assessment.


No comments:

Post a Comment