Monday, February 13, 2012

When should I start planting flower seeds indoors to transplant outside later? What about vegetables?

I live in southern Ohio %26amp; want to have a nice batch of flowers to plant in my outdoor garden in the spring. I also want a nice veggie garden %26amp; need to know when to start those seeds indoors, if that's the best thing to do.

When should I start planting flower seeds indoors to transplant outside later? What about vegetables?
Right about now is the best time. It will give your seedlings an 8-10 week start before transplanting them outdoors. Don't forget to harden them off, that is, slowly introducing them to the oudoors so that you don't shock and kill them, before planting.
Reply:Six weeks before your last average frost. I live in Vermont and start them around the beginning of April.


  • moisturizing cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment